We will now discuss what you read in the previous exercise about perceptions of children and childhood.
- What do you notice about the words under each heading?
- Do they reflect negative /positive images?
- What might this suggest about the community /culture’s beliefs about children?
- How do the words emphasise the different experiences for children, perhaps because of their race, gender or faith?
- Why is it important to consider these differences when thinking about child safeguarding?
- You do not have permission to view this forum.