In this lesson, we have learned that there are four International Child Safeguarding Standards: Policy; People; Procedures; and Accountability.
Key learning points include:
- All children have equal rights to protection from harm
- Everybody has a responsibility to support the protection of children
- Organisations have a duty of care to children with whom they work, are in contact with, or who are affected by their work and operations
- If organisations work with partners they have a responsibility to help partners meet the minimum requirements on child protection
- All actions on child safeguarding are taken in the best interests of the child, which are paramount.
➜ ‘Developing Child Safeguarding Policy and Procedures – A Facilitators’ Guide‘ by Keeping Children Safe
➜ Keeping Children Safe Online self-assessment tool (Full version)